Monday, March 28, 2011

Music Genre Series: Rock

When I think of Rock I think of Rock I think of purple and as cheesy as it sounds royalty! I also think of Steven Tyler and Mic Jager, so I took a lot of inspiration from them.













Of course always start with Too Faced Shadow Insurance (or any eyelid primer of your choice) After that I used Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencil in Zero all over the lid and smudged it out. Next I used the Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland palette on most of the colors. The first color was Underland on top of the Zero. Then I mixed Mushroom and Vorpal in the crease.oI put Jabberwocky in the outer v and on the smudged it on the lower lashline. That was basically going to be the look, but I thought it was too clean for  rock, so I added Urban Decay Alice on the inner crease, and normally I wouldn't blend too much because it becomes muddy, but I thought hmmm...this is rock, so I did blend it. I left a little bit of just Alice peeking through, because it really is a beautiful color. For a brow and tear duct highlight I used Sugarpill's Tako (I think this is becoming my go to brow highlight). To finish off the eyes I used Maybelline Volum' Express One by One in Very Black and L'Oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner on the upper lashline and Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencil in Zero in the water line and used Ardell's 21s for false lashes, just to add some more volume. For blush I used Benefit Dallas

If you have any questions or comments please post!

No comments:

Post a Comment